- THE MAGAZINE
- EQUIPMENT & TOPICS
Like E-Mon's other communication options, the LonWorks version provides similar electrical measurements, including:
* Energy and reactive energy, delivered and received (kWh);
* Real power (kW), total and by phase;
* Reactive (kVAR) and apparent (kVA) power, total and by phase;
* Power factor (percent), total and by phase;
* Current (A), voltage (V) and phase angle (degrees) by phase.
"This communication option greatly extends E-Mon's reach into the Building Automation and Controls market by increasing the granularity of electrical measurements that can talk to BAS via twisted pair, power line carrier, wireless and other LonWorks-compatible media," said Don Millstein, president and CEO of E-Mon.
"With the addition of the LonWorks option, E-Mon's complete line of communication options opens the door to deploying submeters in more than 80 percent of new and installed BAS control applications, including those using Modbus RTU and BACnet MS/TP and Ethernet-based protocols like Modbus TCP and BACnet IP," Millstein said.
The LonWorks communication option is currently available for the following E-Mon D-Mon submetering equipment:
* V-Class Meter