Nine companies have been selected as winners of the prestigious AHR Expo Innovation Award. The winners will be honored at a special ceremony on January 26th, during the AHR Expo in Orlando.
In addition, one of these nine category winners will be selected as the overall winner of the 2010 AHR Expo Product of the Year Award at the Show. The 2010 AHR Expo Innovation Award winners are presented in their specific category:
Company: AIC Wireless
Product: WBT900 Wireless Device
Product: Micro Channel Evaporator
Company: Danfoss, Inc.
Product: Performer VSD
Company: Daikin AC (Americas), Inc.
Product: VRV® III – C Heat Pump System
Company: Samsung Electronics
Product: SPi Bacteria Eradication Technology
Company: Muller Industries Australia Pty. Ltd.
Product: 3C Condenser
Company: AEC Design Group
Product: ArtrA O&M
Company: LA-CO Industries, Inc.
Product: Cool Gel-Heat Barrier Spray
Company: DuraSystems Barriers, Inc.
Product: DuraDuct HP Blast Duct System
“We are extremely pleased with the wide range and high quality of product submissions we received for the eighth year of the award program,” said Clay Stevens, President of International Exposition Company (IEC), producers and managers of the AHR Expo. “It is a pleasure to recognize and honor manufacturers that have excelled in turning technology into useful and efficient products.”
A panel of judges, made up of ASHRAE members selected for their exceptional knowledge of the industry and its products, reviewed and evaluated all submissions. Product entries were judged for innovation, application, value to user, and market impact.
Additionally, Honorable Mention will go to the following products (and companies):
- CAN2GO for Building Automation (SCL Elements Inc.)
- ECB-VAV BACnet controller with Open-to-Wireless Solution (Distech Controls, Inc)
- Technologic 502 (Bell & Gossett)- Terminator EvoFlo HCI (Hydronic Components, Inc.)
- VBZS-BACnet Zoning System (Viconics Electronics, Inc.)
- EcoFlow-Electronic Expansion Distributor (Danfoss, Inc.)
- Free-Cooling, Chillers (Motivair Corporation)
- Tranquility Split (TTP) Series (ClimateMaster, Inc.)
- VRV®III (Daikin AC - Americas, Inc.)
- Daikin Altherma (Daikin AC - Americas, Inc.)
- OptimumHVAC (Optimum Energy, LLC)
- PIRO-Network (Controlled Air Systems, Inc.)
- Thermera® (GALCO-CLIMALIFE)
- ALPHA (Grundfos Pumps Corporation)
- MATRIX NTI-NY (Thermal Inc.)
- Phoenix Evolution (Heat Transfer Products, Inc.)
- Triple-Flex Ultra-High Efficiency Condensing Hot Water Boiler (Bryan Steam LLC)
- supraSchwank (Schwank Ltd.)
- EnviroGreen 8 Pleat (Dust Free Dust Free, LP)
- IAQ PuraGRID Filter With the GridBLOK Technology (Purafil, Inc.)
- Quaternity™ (Daikin AC - Americas, Inc.)
- Wireless TrueSTEAM Humidification Systems (Honeywell International Inc.)
- "Smart-Speed" Evaporators (KeepRite Refrigeration)
- "TQ" Quiet Condensing Units (Trenton Refrigeration)
- eRouting (Jonas Software)
- LoopLogix(tm) (Heat Controller, Inc.)
- SunnyCad (MC4 Software, LLC)
- EAGLE X C155KIT (U.E.i.)
- K-33 ELG Data Logger (CO2Meter.com)
- EE575 E+E Elektronik (Ges.m.b.H.)
- Evergreen Zoning (Arzel Zoning Technology, Inc.)
- Isis(tm) (Big Ass Fans)
Entry Fees Benefit the Needy
In addition to recognizing outstanding product innovation, entry fees from the 2010 award competition will be used to benefit a charitable organization in the Orlando area. During the seven years of the program, thousands of dollars have been “given back” to the communities where the Show has been held.
“The AHR Expo Innovation Awards program has a very positive impact on the HVAC/R industry,” said Clay Stevens, President of IEC, Show Producers and Managers. “It calls attention to innovative new technology and encourages manufacturers to pursue creative and practical solutions.”
Winners of the AHR Expo Innovation awards will be recognized at the awards ceremony on Tuesday, January 26th at 1 PM in the New Product Technology Theater A on the Show Floor. Winners will also receive placards to display at their booths during the Show as well as an etched crystal award to be displayed at their company’s headquarters. The ASHRAE Journal will also feature a special section on the winners.
The Innovation Awards are jointly sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE); the Air-Conditioning Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI); and International Exposition Company (IEC), producers and organizers of the AHR Expo. Only one product per company may be submitted in each category and winning products from previous years cannot be re-entered. For more information on the AHR Expo Innovation Awards, visit www.ahrexpo.com.
The 2010 AHR Expo is endorsed by 30 leading HVAC/R industry associations and is Cosponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). The Heating. Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) is an honorary sponsor. ASHRAE's winter meeting is also held concurrently with the AHR Expo each year.
Judges decide 2010 AHR Expo® Innovation Award winners
November 23, 2009