ATLANTA — ASHRAE has announced a call for abstracts for the 2020 Building Performance Analysis Conference and SimBuild, to be held Aug. 12-14, 2020, at the Westin River North in Chicago.
Co-organized by ASHRAE and IBPSA-USA, the theme of the conference, "Integrated Building Design and Analysis to Achieve Zero Carbon,” focuses on improving the decision-making process through the application of simulation and modeling over the entire building life cycle.
“This conference brings together the building energy analysis and performance simulation community for three days of discussions, seminars, and short courses to address the practices of energy modeling and building performance simulation using existing simulation tools, software development, and future simulation research and applications.” said Carrie Brown, conference chair.
The conference steering committee is seeking abstracts on topics involving the use of innovative approaches for integration of modeling tools for better building design, performance, and operation to meet aggressive targets for compliance, energy reduction, decarbonization, and resiliency.
Suggested paper topics include:
- Early Design Modeling and Analysis;
- Component and Systems Modeling and Load Analysis;
- Codes, Standards, and Compliance Modeling;
- Modeling Carbon;
- Lighting and Daylighting;
- Occupant Behavior, Comfort / Health, Wellbeing;
- Urban Scale Modeling;
- Data Exchange and Interoperability;
- Big Data Applications for Large Scale Simulations;
- Modeling Advances (New techniques, automation, scripting, etc.);
- Grid-interactive Efficient Buildings and Resiliency;
- Education; and
- Intelligent Building Operations.
Abstracts (250 or less words in length) are due Sept. 6. If accepted, papers will be due mid-December. To submit abstracts, visit https://www.conftool.org/bpacs2020/.
The conference will also include informal seminar presentations, the 6th Annual LowDown Showdown, vendor workshops and invited speakers. For more information, visit www.ashrae.org/buildperform2020.