ASHRAE opens registration for Developing Economies Conference
ASHRAE in partnership with ASHRAE India and the Delhi Chapter of ISHRAE has announced that registration is open for the Developing Economies Conference. The conference is scheduled November 10-11 in Delhi, India.
The conference theme, “Trends, Opportunities and Challenges for the Built Environment in Developing Economies,” provides a platform for interaction among designers, building professionals, and policymakers from both developed and developing nations to share knowledge.
“The conference offers a unique opportunity to listen and interact with experts from ASHRAE, and speakers from nearly 15 countries across the world who will deliberate on trends influencing the built environment” says Ashish Rakheja, conference chair. “This ASHRAE initiative is a great step toward bringing industry stakeholders together to find solutions to address the needs of these diverse cultures and climates.”
Technical program tracks include: Internet of Things (IoT), energy-water nexus, international experiences, smart cities, UN environment, IAQ, and tall buildings. Experts will cover various aspects of each track. Some presentation titles include:
• Energy Resiliency and Sustainability for Smart-Cities in Developing Economies
• The Use of a Hybrid Superefficient Cooling System for FiFA 2022 Stadium
• The Future of Energy Reduction
• Eco Labelling by UN Environment
• Water Energy Nexus: A Strategy and Roadmap
• Internet of a Things (IOT) in HVAC Built Environment
• Required Ventilation for an Acceptable Indoor Air Quality
• Smoke Management Control and Active Fire Strategies for Tall Buildings
In addition to seminars, the conference includes panel discussions, study findings, networking events, and special presentations from main supporters of the event including Blue Star, Hitachi, and Kirloskar Brothers Limited. Master speakers for the conference are Karan Grover, founding director of Karan Grover and Associates, and Gauranga Das, director of Govardhan Ecovillage.
For registration, a complete program schedule, speakers, and additional information, visit www.ashrae.org/Developing2017.