Turbocor® TG series - Danfoss
Danfoss has launched new models for its Turbocor® TG series for low global warming potential refrigerants. The compressors enable chiller manufacturers to build climate friendly and sustainable solutions that support refrigerant regulations for reducing the direct and indirect CO2 emissions such as the European F-Gas Regulation and the US Environmental Protection Agency’s SNAP regulations.
Similar to the existing Turbocor® TT series compressors, the TG series compressors are oil-free, variable-speed, magnetic bearing centrifugal compressors. According to the company, the compressors provide full- and part-load energy efficiency and feature a small footprint, light weight, low vibration, very low sound, intelligent controls, and soft starting characteristics. The cooling capacity is lowered by about 25% with an equivalent model using R-134a, but the energy efficiency is slightly increased.
The new compressor models TG230, TG390, and TG520 are designed for standard temperature air-conditioning applications.
- TG230 delivers a nominal capacity of 230kW (65 tons) at water-cooled conditions and 175kW (50 tons) at air-cooled conditions. The TG230 compressor is available for nominal mains input voltages of 400V, 460V, and 575V.
- TG390 is intended for water-cooled chillers and delivers a nominal capacity of 390kW (110 tons). The TG390 is available for nominal mains input voltages of 380V, 400V, 460V, and 575V.
- TG520 is intended for water-cooled chillers and delivers a nominal capacity of 520kW (150 tons). The TG520 is available for nominal mains input voltages of 380V, 400V, and 460V.
- A new compressor model for medium temperature applications is also available.
- TG230 MT is available with the same range as the standard temperature version but with the capability to extend operation down to evaporating temperatures of -10ºC / +14ºF.
In addition to these models, the TG310 has been updated to include a new model for a nominal mains input voltage of 380V. The TG310 was previously only available as 400V and 460V models.