LonMark International to offer free education sessions at AHR Expo
LonMark International is set to offer a variety of free educational session on Jan. 31 at the 2017 AHR Expo in Las Vegas. All session will be held in room N242 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Here is a list of the free sessions held throughout the day:
• Buildings and the Cloud: What’s on the horizon? 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
This session will present several viewpoints on the advancements of building data mining, cyber security, and data management. Industry experts will discuss the latest trends in system access via cloud services, data integrity, and the value of analysis, monitoring, and diagnostic tools.
• LonMark Credentialing Institute: Education, Training, and Credentials for Building Automation and the LonMark Certified Professional Program. 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
LonMark’s CEO will discuss opportunities for greater education, proficiency, and certifications for the building automation market. Several new advancements for professional development will be highlighted along with a Q&A session aimed at helping guide future educational programs
• Case Studies: Real Word Applications of Open Interoperable Systems and the Value to the End User. 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This session will highlight several active projects implementing open system standards and follow the ASHRAE Guideline 13 Specifying Building Automation Systems and following LonMark’s open system design guide using standard device profiles and open integration tools.
• Building Cyber Security Systems – Applying industry best practices for legal risk management, standards, and large government projects. 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This session will provide three viewpoints on cyber security including a legal perspective for building owners and system vendors; applying industrial cyber security standards to building automation systems and developing compliance and certification processes; and implementations for high risk government/military installations.
• LonMark Briefing: New LonTalk-IP Standard and LonMark Web Services, New LonWorks Transceivers for High Speed LON RF, and High Speed Powerline. 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
News projects, programs, and developments in the world of open interoperable standards. LonMark’s new LON IP and Web Services development project will be presented with example use cases and application support. New high speed network transceivers for Powerline and RF will increase performance and scalability.
• Panel Discussion: Industry Experts on the Convergence of Buildings, SmartGrid, IoT, Interoperability, Open Standards, and Cyber Security. 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This panel will cover a broad range of building industry topics and provide perspectives on cyber security, advancements in IoT, electric grid connected buildings and the advancements of distributed energy resources, and how interoperability is enabling new solutions and the associated risks.
For more information, go here.