A call for papers is now open for the IAQ 2016 conference, “Defining Indoor Air Quality: Policy, Standards and Best Practices,” co-organized by ASHRAE and AIVC.
The conference will take place Sept. 12-14, 2016, in Alexandria, VA, at the Crowne Plaza Old Town Alexandria.
The conference is the 18th in the ASHRAE IAQ series since its inception in 1986 and the 37th AIVC conference. The program will focus on current and emerging definitions of indoor air quality and how they are — or could be — implemented in government policies and in standards for the design and operation of buildings and other indoor environments used worldwide. IAQ 2016 will also highlight best practice solutions that go beyond existing minimum requirements.
Authors are invited to submit papers on the following topics and others appropriate to the conference theme.
• Definitions and metrics: perception vs. performance; monetization of IAQ; DALY (disability adjusted life years) and related approaches; task performance/productivity; integrated IEQ metrics
• Regulatory vs. voluntary compliance for achieving IAQ
• IAQ certification programs
• Low energy/high performance buildings and IAQ
• IAQ in sustainable building programs
• Interactions: IEQ, climate change, energy efficiency
• Monitoring: sensors and big data; post occupancy evaluations
• Best practices: case studies with data; design, construction, operation; commissioning
• Ventilation: IAQ, energy, and moisture impacts; mechanical vs. natural ventilation; IEQ and natural ventilation
• Residential IAQ standards and policies
• IAQ in developing economies
• IAQ in mobile environments: aircraft, trains, ships, motor vehicles
Abstracts are due Nov. 2, 2015. Upon acceptance, papers are due Feb. 16, 2016.
According to ASHRAE, the conference program will include internationally acclaimed keynote speakers, original peer reviewed papers, and the latest in indoor environmental quality control, plus invited speakers, workshops, and panel discussions.
To submit an abstract or for more information, go to www.ashrae.org/IAQ2016.