ABMA establishes scholarship fund
Open to graduating high-school seniors whose parent(s) are currently employed by an Active or Associate Member company of the American Boiler Manufacturers Association, the ABMA Scholarship Fund is intended to assist in the post-secondary education and/or vocational training of students pursuing careers in the commercial, institutional, industrial or power-generating boiler, combustion and related equipment industry, through one-time, one-year educational scholarships.
Scholarship Applications and accompanying essays will be reviewed by a five-member Selection Committee composed of the following individuals whose companies are members of the ABMA:
• ABMA Board of Directors Chairman Jack Rentz, Rentech Boiler Systems
• ABMA Associate Members Group Chairman Jeff Shallcross, Nationwide Boiler
• Scott Lewis, Immediate Past ABMA Board Chairman, Chanute Manufacturing
• Robert Clarke, president, Power Engineering Training/PanGlobal Training
• Terry Huddle, Holman Boiler Works
To assure consideration, scholarship Applications need to be submitted to the ABMA Scholarship Fund by May 1, 2011; selections for the two (2) $1,500 scholarships to be awarded in 2011 will be made prior to June 15th.
The ABMA Scholarship Fund is organized and operated for charitable and educational purposes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and all donations thereto are tax deductible for charitable purposes.Scholarship Applications can be obtained by emailing Diana McClung at email@example.com or by calling ABMA at 703/356-7172.