The American Boiler Manufacturers Association (ABMA) announced 16 recipients for the 2017 Randy Rawson Scholarship Program. All recipients are pursuing degrees in engineering disciplines and have an interest in the boiler industry as a career. Since its inception, ABMA has dispersed almost $150,000 in scholarships to students.
This year’s recipients are:
• Thor Brockman - Clemson University, sponsored by Victory Energy Operations
• Bryan Burke - University of Louisville, sponsored by WARE
• Lauren Coolbaugh - Western Kentucky University sponsored by WARE
• Naomi Curtis - Georgia Tech, sponsored by Victory Energy Operations
• Brett Curtsinger - Murray State University, sponsored by WARE
• Ryan Daugherty - North Carolina State University, sponsored by CORMETECH
• Tobias Dwyer - University of Arkansas – Fayetteville, sponsored by Victory Energy Operations
• Dylan Funk - Pittsburg State University, sponsored by Chanute Manufacturing
• Travis Harsch - Oklahoma State University, sponsored by Vector Systems, Inc.
• Lauren Herrington - University of Tulsa, sponsored by Cust-O-Bend, Inc.
• Kolby Kiesling - Abilene Christian University, sponsored by Applied Heat Recovery
• Mark Martinez - Abilene Christian University, sponsored by Applied Heat Recovery
• Nathan McDonald - Illinois State University, sponsored by Karl Dungs, Inc.
• Cody Shults - Oklahoma State University, sponsored by Victory Energy Operations
• Carley Smith - University of Oklahoma, sponsored by Toyota Tsusho America
• Vincent Souza - San Jose State University, sponsored by Nationwide Boiler
“We are pleased to recognize our largest group of scholarship recipients in 2017 and continue to hear from the students about the positive impact of our support,” said Scott Lynch, president and CEO of ABMA.
The Randy Rawson Scholarship Program was created for the Promotion of Careers in Boiler Engineering and Fabrication. The specific purpose of the fund is to support post-secondary education and/or training of graduating high school students pursuing careers in the commercial, institutional, industrial or power-generating boiler, combustion, and related equipment industry through educational scholarships. The number and amount of scholarships awarded is determined by the ABMA board of directors each year in which scholarships are offered. For more details about the Randy Rawson Scholarship, visit www.ABMA.com.