LONMARK Internationalhas opened nominations for the Annual Best of the Year Awards. This year’s awards ceremony and presentation will be held in conjunction with its annual general meeting at AHR Expo in Chicago, USA, on January 27, 2009.
LONMARK International’s 'Best of the Year' Awards recognize projects, products, individuals, and programs that are leading the industry in innovation and accomplishment. Nominations are welcome from around the world for the following categories:
Multi-Vendor Project of the Year
Nominations will be judged based upon the following criteria:
- Degree of openness of the system
- Benefit of LON for the end-user
- Overall project scope
- Unique application of LON towards system integration benefiting the project and the industry
LONMARK Products of the Year
Innovation and inspiration are the cornerstones of continued growth for any industry. New products and solutions help foster new ideas and applications. One Product of the Year award will be given for each separate category:
- LONMARK Certified Device
- Infrastructure Product (Hardware) – including Programmable Device, Cross Industry Software Solution
Initiative of the Year
This award will recognize initiatives or programs whose mission is to enhance the industry and foster new ways of thinking, new product development, and/or new concepts in addressing industry issues. Nominations will be judged based upon the following criteria:
- Relevance to industry or societal issues or concerns
- Inclusion of multiple industry entities – product vendors, end-users, integrators, system suppliers, etc.
- Usage of LONMARK products as part of the implementation of a solution
Special consideration will be given to energy efficiency, industry best practice solution, and/or sustainable design principles.
Industry Visionary of the Year
This award will be presented to the individual who exemplifies the attributes of a true visionary. Nominations will be judged based upon the following criteria:
- Leadership role in LONMARK International, LONMARK Affiliate, or local users group
- Industry support through public appearances, seminars, discussion groups
- Publication of articles in the LONMARK Magazine and other trade media
- Delivering on the concepts of LON, open systems, and interoperability
Special consideration will be given to nominees who demonstrate the principles of industry stewardship and the implementation of these principles in their own lives and businesses.
Nominations are open to any individual or company, and you need not be present at AHR Expo 2009 to win although the nominees will be encouraged to attend the conference and share their wisdom and knowledge with others.
The LONMARK International Board of Directors will evaluate the nominees based upon the defined criteria for each category except for the Visionary Award, which will be evaluated by the LONMARK International Staff.
Please visitwww.lonmark.orgfor a complete listing of the criteria for each category. Nominations must be received by LONMARK no later than Monday, December 15, 2008.
The decision of the Board is final. Each board member will have one vote, and the winners will be announced on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 4:30 p.m. at the awards ceremony.