The AHR Expo® in its 60th showing will return to New York City for the first time in 17 years. The world’s largest exclusively HVACR event will convene at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center from Tuesday, January 22 through Thursday, January 24, 2008 and feature 118 first-time exhibitors as well as a number of brand new educational sessions.
The 2008 event is shaping up to be one of the biggest AHR Expos ever and will feature exhibitors representing 35 countries from around the world, including companies from places such as Lebanon and New Zealand participating for the first time. Some 1,800 manufacturers will exhibit new products and technologies, seen for the first time at the AHR Expo.
According to Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Company, the Show organizer, “We are delighted that the HVAC&R industry worldwide has made the AHR Expo its Global Marketplace. Strong support and enthusiastic participation ensure that the 2008 AHR Expo in New York City will be the showcase for our industry.”
The 2008 AHR Expo will debut its first ever Plumbing and Hydronics Symposium. “Plumbing and Hydronics Symposium-PM Live” will feature four well-known industry experts in two separate seminars designed to help plumbing and hydronics contractors enhance their business operations. Well known industry experts Al Levi, Ellen Rohr, Dan Holohan, and ES contributor John Siegenthaler are presenting the sessions and providing insight on topics ranging from the capabilities of modern hydronic products to systematically solving problems while shoring up financial foundation.
Consistent with its emphasis on energy, the 2008 AHR Expo will include exhibits and educational sessions presented by various U.S. Government agencies. Information offered by the following groups will help engineers, contractors, facility owners and managers and other industry professionals learn about the latest technologies and developments from top experts in their fields.
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will provide a “Zero Energy Buildings” display.
- New York State Energy Research and Development (NYSERDA) will present both an exhibit and seminar on their energy savings programs and incentives.
- Energy Star (U.S. EPA) will host an exhibit and seminar on how they can help put customers on the road to green, sustainable buildings.
- Building Energy Codes Programs/U.S. DOE will have an exhibit where free Energy Code Compliance software will be given away.
- New Product Technology Theaters
- Building Automation & Control Showcase
- The Software Center
- Various certification testing
- Over 24 Educational Sessions and Workshops presented by AHR Expo and its Endorsing Associations
- Over 30 Technical Sessions and Short Courses presented by ASHRAE, many of which carry CEUs