What: FREE Webinar
When: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 2PM EST
Electrical Protection of Standby Generators
Standby generators require electrical protection against potential faults and damage. Selecting the appropriate protective devices and functions often requires striking a balance between protection and continuity of operation. Code requirements for emergency systems and health care facilities, or parallel operation with the utility, can add another layer of complexity to this topic.
Learning Objectives: After viewing this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Review the basic concepts of electrical protection including selective coordination.
- Learn the types of faults and power system conditions that can lead to generator damage.
- Interpret how standby generators affect and are affected by faults on the electrical distribution system.
- Be aware of code requirements that must be considered in selecting and setting protective devices.
- Be alerted to some common electrical causes of protection problems such as nuisance tripping.