The Hill School, referred to as Hill, was founded in 1851 as The Family Boarding School for Boys and Young Men. The school enrolled 25 boys in its first year and since then has increased annual enrollment to 500 boys and girls.
Throughout the years, the school has benefited from the leadership and forethought of its overseers and benefactors. The school’s initial investments in infrastructure have yielded significant dividends, both in avoiding major utility expenses and in limiting maintenance to the out-of-sight central heating and cooling plants. The network of underground utility tunnels affords flexibility to the changing campus heating and cooling needs without disturbing the school’s green spaces or architectural appeal.