System Syzer® version 4 enhanced engineering software can size every area of a building.
Bell & Gossett, a Xylem brand, announces the availability of version 4 of its popular Bell & Gossett System Syzer® program for PC computers. The System Syzer version 4 is an update of the leading industry tool for calculating flow rates and pressure drops in HVAC piping systems.
The program provides a more comprehensive, user friendly, and web-based selection tool for engineers, consultants, and designers. New features include:
- Spanish language option
- Support for PVC pipe
- More fluid property information
- Lock icons to indicate what variable is to be solved
- ASHRAE 90.1 pipe sizing standards
- Estimated pump energy cost based on pipe size
- Help calculating system head loss
- Library of fittings, reducers and valves
- NPSHa Calculator with open and closed system support
The WindowsTM application includes the following upgrades:
- Expanded pipe size calculations through 48″ diameter
- Displays of Reynolds numbers, flow rates, relative roughness and friction factors, along with friction loss and velocity values
- A viscosity correction feature that allows the user to adjust for different water temperatures up to 350ºF and varying concentrations and temperatures of ethylene, propylene glycol and other fluids with known properties.
- A balance section with preset and gauge data for Circuit Setter, Large Circuit Setter and Triple Duty valves. The section also permits calculation adjustments based on fluid type and has a report generator to aid balancing contractors.
The System Syzer application is based on the iconic plastic wheel calculator designed by Bell & Gossett’s Gil Carlson. Widely recognized as the ‘Father of Modern Hydronics,” Carlson first introduced the System Syzer in 1963; it has since been distributed to well over 100,000 engineers and tradesmen.
To run the System Syzer program, a personal computer must have a minimum 386 processor; 4 MB of RAM; about 1 MB of free disk space, and Windows 3.1 or higher operating system.
The System Syzer applicationa are free of charge and can be downloaded at www.xyleminc.com/ESP
Report Abusive Comment