Given the multiple facets of the integration process, five award categories have been established for the Buildy Awards.
- Vision - This award will be presented to an industry professional who best demonstrates a vision of whole building integration and interoperability.
- Best Advocate - This award will honor an industry professional who has contributed the most to the vision of whole building integration through advocacy, promotion, educational and training endeavors.
- Best Integration Project - Awarded to a systems integrator, the recipient of this award demonstrates the ability to efficiently integrate a wide array of building systems together and successfully enable operation over a corporate IT infrastructure.
- Best Product - This award honors a manufacturer whose new product or service overcame a significant challenge, enhanced or simplified the integration process.
- Best Building - This award will be presented to the building owner or consultant with the most progressive building technology supporting the vision of whole building integration.
"BuilConn was founded on the vision of providing building owners and operators with increased value through whole building integration," Anto Budiardjo, Clasma president and BuilConn founder, said. "The Buildy Awards program is a tangible extension of this vision celebrating the manufacturers, systems integrators, building owners and consultants who share this dream and communicate the enormous benefits of intelligent, integrated buildings."
Candidates may nominate themselves, their organization or their peers by completing the application forms available soon at www.builconn.com and submitting them no later than February 27, 2004.
Winners will be selected by the BuilConn Attendees, the BuilConn Advisory Board and BuilConn Industry Board, two bodies comprised of industry leaders representing the multiple disciplines that exist within the buildings industry including access control, HVAC, building automation, open protocol technologies, security and IT. Winners will be announced at the BuilConn Awards Gala, April 15, 2004, in Dallas.
For complete rules and regulations, please visit www.builconn.com.