Water-Source VRF Systems – Johnson Controls-Hitachi
MILWAUKEE — Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning introduced the Hitachi Water Source Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) heat pump and heat recovery systems. The new multi-module systems offer the capability of connecting multiple single-module units, ranging from 6-48 tons. In addition to the benefits of VRF technology, these new compact systems deliver the following:
• Reduced first costs;
• A compact size that enhances exterior appearance while eliminating outdoor noise;
• Design flexibility through a variety of configurations;
• They’re ideal for projects with limited space, such as high-rise buildings, office buildings, architecturally restricted properties, and apartments; and
• They’re optimal where outdoor placement is challenging, including coastal areas and extremely cold climates.
All Hitachi VRF indoor units, controls, and gateway products are fully compatible with new water-source systems for maximum design flexibility. The unified water source units can be used as heat pump and heat recovery units. They are available in 208/230 V and 460 V in 22 different capacities. Inverter compressor technology achieves high energy efficiency. The Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)-certified efficiency ratings for the new Hitachi Water Source VRF systems include:
• Integrated Energy Efficiency Ratio (IEER) of 18.9-29; and
• Heating Coefficient of Performance (COP) of 4.00 to 6.30.
For more information, visit www.us.hitachiaircon.com.