ASHRAE has announced a call for papers for the IAQ 2020 conference, September 14-16, 2020, in Athens, Greece.
Organized by ASHRAE and the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC), the theme of the conference, “Indoor Environmental Quality Performance Approaches,” focuses on the metrics, systems, sensors, and norms necessary to implement performance approaches.
“Indoor Air Quality has been the core of ASHRAE’S IAQ series of conferences for the past 30 years,” said Max Sherman, co-chair of IAQ 2020. “This conference has expanded from only covering indoor air quality concerns, to exploring indoor environmental quality which includes indoor air pollution, thermal conditions, acoustics, and illumination and their interactions. Our goal is to provide comprehensive information and guidance.”
The conference steering committee is seeking papers that demonstrate topics focused on IEQ performance approaches.
Suggested paper topics include:
• Health and Well-being: Appropriate technical and operational definitions;
• Performance Metrics: For all aspects of IEQ;
• Interactions: Interactions between IEQ parameters;
• Occupant Behavior: How behavior impacts IEQ and how IEQ impacts behavior - psychological dimensions of IEQ;
• Smart Sensors and Big Data: Sensor properties, data management, cybersecurity, and applications;
• Smart Controls: Equipment properties, commissioning, and equivalence;
• Resilience and IEQ: Responding to climate change and disasters;
• Ventilation: Mechanical, passive, natural, and hybrid systems;
• Air Tightness: Trends, methods, and impacts;
• Thermal Comfort: Dynamic approaches, health impacts, and trends; and
• Policy and Standards: Trends, impacts, and implications
Authors have the option to submit either a conference paper or an extended abstract and to state their preference for either an oral or poster presentation. Submissions are due October 7, 2019. If accepted, complete manuscript submissions are due February 17, 2020. For more information, visit ashrae.org/IAQ2020.