Power management company Eaton announced the launch of its heavy duty safety switches with surge protection, the latest in its portfolio of switching devices. Combining Eaton’s safety switches with integrated surge protective devices (SPD) courtesy of the Eaton SP1 and CVX series, the company said this packaged solution provides endusers with better performance than externally mounted devices, resulting in a completely wired, UL®-listed solution and better protection for connected equipment.
Eaton’s heavy duty safety switches with surge protection, available in switches ranging from 30–1,200 amps, provide protection at the service entrance and/or branch circuit level. Features of the packaged solutions include:
- Integral SPD wired to the load side of the switch, which can be isolated from line-side power should the SPD require replacing
- External viewing window and enhanced visible blade components to provide increased visibility over each pole, allowing users to clearly see the trailing edge of the blade
- Additional window positioned over the SPD to enable viewing of LEDs for quick status indication
- Modified safety switch with NEMA© Type 12/3R and 4/4X enclosures, as well as a choice of Eaton Type SP1 or CVX surge devices
- UL certifications include UL 98, file no. E5239, and UL 1449 4th Edition, file no. E316410