AMCA announces new president, board members
Tim O'Hare, vice president of sales and marketing for New York Blower, has been named the 2016-2017 AMCA president. The Air Movement and Control Association announced the appointment during its 2016 annual meeting in Washington.
O'Hare joined New York Blower in April 1989 after graduating from the University of Illinois in 1988 with a BS in economics. Since joining, he has held the titles of product specialist, regional sales manager, national sales manager, and director of marketing before serving in his current capacity as vice president of sales and marketing.
O'Hare has been an active member of AMCA International for 11 years, during which he has participated on the Sales and Marketing Executive Steering Committee (chair), Marketing Committee, Industrial Power & Process Group, and FEG Marketing Task Force. He joined the AMCA Board of Directors in 2012, serving as secretary, treasurer, and vice president.
"It is a privilege to be part of AMCA's leadership during its centennial year,” said O’Hare. “While we will be celebrating our long history in the coming months, we also have much to focus on in the present. We have a great team in place that will readily meet the challenges and opportunities presented to us by U.S. Department of Energy regulation and its impact on the AMCA Certified Ratings Program, and this team will continue the ongoing commitment to AMCA's growth in all regions. I look forward to our team building upon the foundation that the AMCA staff and members have established during the past hundred years."
AMCA also announced the members who will serve on the AMCA Executive Committee and AMCA Board of Directors in 2016-2017.
AMCA's 2016-2017 Executive Committee members are:
• Chairman of the Board: Tim Kilgore, president of sales and marketing at Greenheck Fan Corp.
• President: Tim O'Hare, vice president of sales and marketing at New York Blower
• Vice President: Doug Yamashita, executive vice president of sales and marketing at Acme Engineering and Manufacturing Corp.
• Treasurer: David A. Johnson, director of engineering at Berner International Corp.
• Secretary: Amit Ahuja, general manager at Maico Gulf
Returning members of the board of directors are:
• Tom Gustafson, chief technology officer/quality manager at Hartzell Air Movement
• Mats Georg Sándor, technical director at Systemair AB
• John Magill, vice president of engineering at Howden North America Inc.
• C.K. So, head of department of GTG Industries Sdn. Bhd.
Newly elected to the AMCA Board of Directors for a three-year term are:
• Frank R. Cuaderno, vice president of engineering for Mars Air Systems, LLC
• Keith Glasch, president of Ruskin, a brand of Johnson Controls
• Jim Meats, director of marketing for Loren Cook Company