Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI) named its 2015 class of LEED Fellows. This year’s 35 Fellows are being honored for their work as LEED professionals and for their contributions to the green building community.
“The 2015 LEED Fellows are remarkable individuals who have long been leaders in the green building movement,” said Rick Fedrizzi, CEO of GBCI, and CEO and founding chair of USGBC. “Their expertise and excitement motivate all of us to continue to look ahead to what’s next and to continue the innovation that has been the hallmark of our movement. Sharing their passion, knowledge, and commitment, LEED Fellows anchor both the past and the future of our movement."
To be selected, LEED Fellows are nominated by their peers, undergo an extensive portfolio review, must have at least 10 years of experience in the green building industry, and hold a LEED AP with specialty credential, among other requirements. The evaluation process is carried out by the LEED Fellow evaluation committee and supported by GBCI.
According to GBCI, LEED Fellow applicants are evaluated on technical proficiency on the application of multiple LEED rating systems and have provided significant contributions to LEED projects; on education and mentoring through sharing knowledge about LEED and sustainability; on leadership in the field of green building; on commitment and service to green building; and on advocating for sustainable ideas, concepts, and technologies related to or promoting green building or sustainability.
The 2015 LEED Fellows are:
• William Amann, M&E Engineers, Inc.
• Michael Berning, Heapy Engineering
• Steve Davis, Thrive Architecture
• Marni Evans, U.S. Green Building Council
• Eric Corey Freed, International Living Future Institute
• Kelly Gearhart, Triple Green Building Group, LLC
• Harry Gordon, Gordon + Gordon Architecture
• Emilie Hagen, Atelier Ten
• Jacquelynn E. Henke, TD Bank
• Michael Hess, exp
• Hiroki Hiramatsu, Woonerf, Inc.
• Daniele Horton, Verdani Partners
• Lance Hosey, Perkins Eastman
• David Kaneda, Integral Group
• Mike Leonard, Hastings Architecture Associates, LLC
• Andrea Love, Payette
• Christina Magar, Greenform
• Richard Manning, Green Building Services, Inc.
• Selvarasu Maru, LEAD Consultancy and Engineering Services (India) Pvt Ltd
• Paul Todd Merrill, Clayco
• Renato Mirando, Edificio Verde S.A.
• Marc Mondor, evolveEA
• Gary Gene Olp, GGOArchitects, Corp.
• Brad Pease, Paladino
• Maria de los Angeles Perez, Gensler
• Russell Perry, SmithGroupJJR
• Angela Rivera, AECOM
• Z Smith, Eskew + Dumex + Ripple
• Berkay Somali, Altensis
• Kevin Stack, Northeast Green Building Consulting, LLC
• Jan Stensland, Inside Matters
• Sharlyn Thacker, Rerooted Life
• Vessela Valtcheva-McGee, Triple Green Building Group, LLC
• Tate Walker, OPN Architects
• Will Weaver, JLL
The 2015 LEED Fellows will be recognized in Washington at the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo, Nov.18-20. The nomination period for the 2016 LEED Fellows class will open in January. For more information about the LEED Fellow program, visit usgbc.org/leed/credentials/leed-fellow.