The National Air Filtration Association has announced its recipients of the Clean Air Awards for 2015. The association said its Clean Air Award is presented each year to the building owners and managers that take steps to significantly improve the quality of their indoor air by increasing the level or efficiency of their HVAC air filtration system in 10 specific categories.
Candidates are nominated by both NAFA members and members of the facility management community for the award, and must submit detailed and specific steps taken towards cleaning the indoor environment through better air filtration and system hygiene. A NAFA Certified Air Filter Specialist confirms these improvements. Awards are judged by the NAFA Clean Air Award Committee and each recipient receives a custom designed trophy, building signage, and recognition for their efforts.
Award-winning buildings must maintain IAQ diligence and submit inspection data each year in order to maintain the NAFA Clean Air Award.
The 2015 companies that utilize “best air filtration practices” in their buildings include the following.
• 3050 Post Oak Blvd. – Hines Interest – Houston
• Bentall-Kennedy – 777 Hornby – Vancouver, BC
• The Bow Building – H & R REIT – Calgary, BC
• Cadillac Fairview/Pacific Centre / 777Dunsmuir – Vancouver, BC
• Camosun College – Fischer Building – Victoria, BC
• Chase Tower – Bedrock Management – Detroit
• Commercial Place - GWL Realty Advisors – Edmonton, Alberta, CA
• D.M.C. Children’s Hospital of Michigan – Detroit
• Dream Office Management Corp. 444 – 7th Ave. – Calgary, AB
• Dream Office Management Corp. – 606 4th St. – Calgary, AB
• Elbow River Casino – Calgary, AB
• Federal Reserve Building – Bedrock Management – Detroit,
• Firelands Regional Medical Center – Sandusky, OH
• Greenspoint Place – Buildings 1 through 6 – Hines Interest – Houston
• Grey Eagle Resort Casino – Sonco Gaming, Ltd. – Calgary, AB
• Harry Hays Building – Maple Leaf Property Management – Calgary, AB
• Metropolis at Metrotown & Metrotowers Ivanhoe Cambridge – Burnaby, BC
• Plaza 1000 – Trivest Realty Advisors, Inc. – Calgary, AB
• Saint David’s South Austin Medical Center – Austin, TX
• Select Specialty Hospital – Jackson, MS
• South Park I, II, III, & IV – Morguard Investments, Ltd. – Calgary, AB
• University of Kansas, Breidenthal Bioscience & Technology Business Center – Kansas City, KS
• Wells Fargo Advisors, CBRE – St. Louis
• Williams Tower – Hines Interest – Houston
NAFA said it is was also pleased to specially recognize two companies — Greenspoint Place and South Park for including all of their office complex buildings for the Clean Air Award.