The new Versatec™ Base, from WaterFurnace International, Inc., combines high efficiency and an impressive list of value-added features in a compact water source heat pump for water loop and geothermal applications.
The Versatec Base model exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 efficiencies, while utilizing environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant. Available in a wide selection of capacities (018 to 070 MBtuh output), the heat pump offers unmatched application flexibility, in both retrofit and new construction projects.
Units feature a reciprocating single-capacity compressor paired with a PSC blower motor to provide high efficiency while ensuring quiet operation and a wide range of airflow selections. Optional X13 and variable-speed electronically commutated motors (ECM 2.3) are also available for improved efficiency and comfort.
The Versatec Base includes an optional two-position water valve and an automatic water flow control valve, which ensures the proper water flow rate regardless of pressure drop. An optional factory-installed, low-pressure drop (high Cv) water solenoid valve is also available for variable-speed pumping applications.
The heat pump’s cabinet features a small footprint, making it the ideal solution for retrofit applications. Every cabinet is made of environmentally responsible, heavy gauge galvanized steel for maximum corrosion resistance. Standard foil-faced insulation improves air quality and ensures easy cleaning, while optional FormiShield™ Plus coil coating protects against formicary corrosion. This polyester enamel coating provides 1,000-hour salt spray protection for superior corrosion resistance. Another option is WaterFurnace’s proprietary coating, ThermaShield™, which is applied to the water-to-water heat exchanger to protect against condensation in extended range applications (below 50 F).
The Versatec Base also features:
- Standard 1-inch MERV 4 disposable filter or an optional 2-inch pleated MERV 13 for LEED certification points; available with filter rail or deluxe filter rack.
- Standard Aurora microprocessor control and optional FX10 microprocessor control featuring N2, LonWorks and BACnet compatibility
- High static PSC blowers
- Optional compressor phase guard protection
- Optional rotary dial-type, internally wired, non-fused disconnect
- Standard corrosion-resistant composite or optional stainless steel drain pan