Spinwave has introduced a new sensor line with significantly more range than earlier models. The new sensor has an open field range of 1,000 ft (300 m), which is a 66% increase over the 600 feet in our earlier model.
The redesign provides increased configuration flexibility, enabling the introduction of several new sensors, designed for monitoring of server racks in data centers. A single sensor can now monitor temperatures at the top, middle and bottom of a rack. Additionally, sensors that monitor both temperature and relative humidity and analog input sensors are available.
A single receiver/gateway now supports up to 50 wireless sensors/transceivers and 200 measurement points.
- High reliability: A Spinwave network utilizes a mesh architecture and a wireless protocol which allows multiple routes for data to reach its destination. It utilizes a frequency hopping scheme (A3) that avoids RF interference by continuously and seamlessly scanning all 16 channels in the 2.4GHz spectrum for interference and automatically selects the best channel to ensure maximum data transmission reliability.
- Wireless – no conduit, wiring trays, or other construction related activities.
- Easy deployment: A complete temperature, humidity, and air pressure network can be installed rapidly with no disruption to data center operations.
- Multiple data gateways: Integration with data center monitoring systems can be quickly and easily accomplished using common industry protocols – BACnet, LON, MODBUS, and SNMP.
- Flexibility and scalability: Can be used to monitor servers in a closet or scale to a major data center. Since the sensors are wireless they can be easily moved as configurations change or can be used on a temporary basis to monitor a specific zone, aisle, or rack as required.
- Proven track record: Spinwave products are field tested with thousands installed in data centers, commercial buildings, industrial plants, hospitals, warehouses and educational facilities.