“Through its use of the Web as the means to connect thousands of attendees with exhibitors, sponsors and other participants, the Virtual Energy Forum is a wonderful example of an energy conscious event that practices what it preaches,” said Newt Gingrich, Chairman of American Solutions and keynote speaker at The Forum.
Beyond an impressive offering of keynote addresses-additional presentations at the Virtual Energy Forum will fit into five thematic tracks in order provide highly relevant subject-matter content to participants of the event. The five tracks are: Corporate Sustainability, Investing in Green Energy, Energy Management Best Practices, Green IT, and Putting Renewable Energies to Work.
“While there are literally thousands of offline energy-related events-we’ve designed The Virtual Energy Forum to stand out through its unique and convenient online format, through our gathering of an unprecedented worldwide group of first-rate experts, and through compelling content,” said Christopher Charron, VP of PlatformQ, organizer of the Virtual Energy Forum.
Keynote SpeakersNewt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives will deliver the conference keynote address entitled “A Contract with the Earth”, in which he’ll share his perspectives on bi-partisan cooperation and an imperative for government, business and the public to work together to protect and renew the planet.
Other Keynote Speakers and their topics at the Virtual Energy Forum include:
Speakers in the “Corporate Sustainability” Track of The Virtual Energy Forum include:
- Professor Harvey Bryan, School of Architecture & Landscape Architecture School of Sustainability--Arizona State University: "Purchasing Solar Power"
- Kai Abelkis, Environmental Coordinator -- Boulder Community Hospital: "Creating a Sustainable Hospital"
- Leith Sharp, Director, Harvard Green Campus Initiative -- Harvard University: "Sustainability–The Challenge of Changing our Institutions"
- Marc Gordon, VP Operations and Facilities -- Macy’s, Inc.: "The Eco-Friendly Department Store"
- Dennis Moran, Director of Energy, Eastern Region -- Marriott Corporation: “Sustainable Practices in Hospitality”
- David Chamberlain, Principal Energy Engineer-- Raytheon Company: “Energy & Sustainability at Raytheon”
- Jim Pease, Former Energy and Environmental Manager -- Unilever HPC: “Energy Awareness - Real Savings without Capital”
- Peter Prout, Director of Government Relations -- Volvo Group North America: "Manufacturing Efficiency from a Societal Perspective"
- Gale R. Horst, Lead Engineer, Advanced Electronic Technology – Whirlpool: "Designing Grid Friendly Appliances" Investing in Green Energy
Speakers in the “Investing in Green Energy” Track of The Virtual Energy Forum include:
- Ed Holt, CEO/President-- Ed Holt & Associates: "Role of REC's in Meeting Your Environmental Goals"
- Ben Smith, CEO/President-- First Enercast Financial: "The National Fuels Forecast"
- Michael Ware, Managing Director--Good Energies Inc.: "Private Investment in Renewable Energy"
- Jack Rivkin, EVP, Chief Investment Officer -- Neuberger Berman, LLC: "Sustainability: Economic Force or Investment Trend"
- Christopher Russell, Director, Market Outreach -- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC): "The Business Case for Energy Management"
Energy Management Best PracticesSpeakers in the “Energy Management Best Practices” Track include:
- Gabe Petlin, Director, Regulatory Affairs and Carbon Markets -- 3Degrees, Inc.: "Carbon Accounting and Carbon Offsets"
- Richard Costello, Partner--Acela Energy Group: "How to use an Energy Audit"
- Peter Kelly-Detweiler, SVP of Energy Technology Services -- Constellation New Energy: "Meeting Future Energy Infrastructure Needs"
- Brian Dutt, VP of Sales & Marketing-- Delta Controls: "The Effect of Building Controls on Energy Consumption"
Green ITSpeakers in the “Green IT” Track include:
- Alexander D. Wissner-Gross, CEO--CO2 Stats: “How green is your web site?”
- Rebecca Thorburn, Director of Marketing – Dell: "The Path to Green Computing"
- Christian Belady: Principal Power and Cooling Architect – Microsoft: “Leading the Technology Industry into Green IT”
- Paul Scheihing, Technology Manager -- US Department of Energy: “The Energy Efficient Data Center”
Putting Renewable Energies to WorkSpeakers in the “Putting Renewable Energies to Work” Track include:
- American Wind Energy Association: "Succeeding with Commercial Wind Power"
- Mary Jensen, Coordinator of Campus Sustainability and Recycling Programs -- Keene State University: "Retro-Fitting for Renewable Energy"
- Larry Leetzow, President -- Magnaray International: "Products That Save Energy"
To watch an informative video of The Virtual Energy Forum or to read speakers’ bios, visit the event’s homepage at http://www.virtualenergyforum.com or go to http://www.virtualenergyforum.com/agenda.php to see full details of the Agenda.
About Virtual Energy ForumThe Virtual Energy Forum is a unique virtual event designed to allow people interested and involved with sustainable energy management operations to connect and successfully interact with one another in ways that are impossible at physical events, through powerful Web-based software and services. PlatformQ, the producer of the Virtual Energy Forum, is a company whose mission is to leverage the accessibility of online events to connect individuals, companies and organizations, across North America and internationally-- who might otherwise not be able to travel to physical events or communicate with leading experts or thought leaders. Visit http://www.virtualenergyforum.com.
Virtual Energy Forum and PlatformQ are trademarks of PlatformQ, LLC. All other trademarks or service marks are property of their respective owners.