The ergonomically designed Prism Portable can log in auto logging mode or manual logging mode. Auto mode will capture a flow data point every 10 seconds. Manual mode will capture a flow data point each time the LOG/AUTO button is pressed – and the display will flash as the point is captured. The data is stored within the Portable for subsequent uploading to a file, and also displays the data visually.
The display is a high contrast, photo-emissive graphical display, readable even in sunlight (known as an organic LED). The meter displays the four digit log number, instantaneous flow rate, gas temperature, station ID and user ID (pipe location), channel selection, graphical indication of flow, and time and date stamps.
Other features include:
- Logs up to 3,800 Points in manual or auto mode
- Easily transfers data to PC into Excel format using Sage Addresser PLUS Software (included)
- Has convenient user-friendly command buttons
- Identifies up to 99 different pipes or locations (a two-digit station ID plus an eight-character user identifier helps keep track)
- Configurable for up to 16 channels (different pipe sizes, gases, etc.)
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery operation - up to eight hours
- Provides opportunity for large plants to have a "tool" to monitor the flow rate in existing ports (or easy to install new taps) in all of their natural gas and compressed air lines to determine efficiencies and energy usage without the expense of permanent meters
- Provides an independent check of calibration against older meters
- With Addresser PLUS, a routing map can be generated in advance to simplify logging - use UP arrow to advance to next station (pipe location), or DOWN arrow to go back to previous station.