The ePIV is a two-way valve which is unaffected by pressurevariations in a system. The ePIV directly measures flow bycombining a magnetic flow meter and a 2-way control valve. Theactuator has a powerful algorithm that modulates the control valve tomaintain the flow setpoint set by the controller. The flow reading isreported back to the controller using a standard signal, and thisvalue can be used by the Building Automation System to performadvanced control and energy strategies.
The ePIV ranges in size from 2½” to 6”. The 2½” and 3” is available now, and the 4”, 5”, and 6” will be released inAugust 2010. The ePIV complements the existing line of PICCV to offer a complete range of Belimo pressure-independent valves.
Pressure independent valves can be used to regulate flow through air handlers, heating and cooling coils, fancoil units, unit ventilators, and VAV re-heat coils. The features of the ePIV are:
- Constant flow regardless of pressure variations in the system, performing a continual balancing function
to maintain system performance at varying loads.
- Stainless steel characterizing disc standard – superior material for a wide range of media as well asdurable for long lasting performance.
- No maintenance required.
- Simplified valve sizing and selection, no Cv calculations required.
- 5-year warranty.
- Real flow measured and provided as feedback using a standard signal (0-10 VDC).
- High stability across the whole load range.
- Constant flow performance significantly reduces actuator movement, providing less hunting and wear on the valve assembly.
- Magnetic flow sensor, no maintenance required and no moving parts.
- No strainer required at the terminal unit.
- Accuracy is not affected by temperature or media, up to 50% glycol.
May 26, 2010