Each year, USA Swimming, the national governing body for the sport of swimming, hosts its Build-a-Pool Facilities Conference held in Colorado Springs, CO. This conference is designed to provide new seminars and information that will help its member swimming clubs and their aquatic partners offer more effective and profitable services. Topics addressed include:
- Facility planning
- Aquatic business planning
- Total aquatic programming
- Facility construction
- Facility renovation
- Facility equipment options
- Aquatic facility problem solving
However, in conjunction with its 5th Annual Build-a-Pool Conference being held on April 15th and 17th, 2009 at the Antlers Hilton in Colorado Springs, CO, USA Swimming will also host its 1st Annual Aquatic Engineering Conference on April 14th and 15th, 2009.
As USA Swimming’s preferred provider of dehumidification equipment, Desert Aire is pleased to promote both conferences, in particular the Aquatic Engineering Conference. This conference is geared for engineering and architecture professionals who want to learn how to properly design an indoor pool room. Well-established speakers will present valuable information about best pool design practices. Courses are 1.5 hrs each. The agenda for each day consists of the following.
Day 1 – April 14, 2009
- “Enclosure Design” presented by Ted Wallover of Wallover Architects and Aldo Coronado of OLD Design
- “Load Calculations and Indoor Air Quality” presented by Harry Milliken and Evert Osterman of Desert Aire Corporation
Day 2 – April 15, 2009
- “Aquatic Mechanical Components” presented by Tim Warren of Astral Pools
- “The Bubble of Bad Air and It’s Impact” presented by John McIlhargy of USA Swimming
- “Air Distribution” presented by Randy Zimmerman of Titus and Sal Panico of CME Inc.
- Miscellaneous topics, including “S.W.A.T.” (Superior Water and Air Treatment)
For those individuals who are required to earn professional development credits, the USA Swimming Aquatic Engineering Conference will count for 10 professional development hour (PDH) credits upon completion of the two-day conference.
The cost for attending the Aquatic Engineering Conference is only $295 per person. If any engineer or architect is also interested attending the Build-a-Pool Conference from April 15th through the 17th, the cost is only $50 more per person for a total of $345.
Individuals can register directly through USA Swimming by setting up a personal account on the organization’s website at www.usaswimming.org.
Accommodations can be secured at the Antlers Hilton for only $119 per night. Registrants need to call the hotel at (719) 955-5600 or visit their website at www.hilton.com. USA Swimming’s website also provides a link to the hotel’s home page.
For more information, visit www.desert-aire.com or contact Desert Aire at (262) 946-7400, or by e-mail at email@example.com. Complete information about USA Swimming’s conferences can be found on www.usaswimming.org.