ASHRAE and BOMA International Sign Memorandum of Understanding
ASHRAE and the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in recognition of shared technical interests to foster superior building performance.
Both organizations will work together to achieving, among others, the following goals:
- Identify opportunities for shared operation services
- Identify opportunities to collaborate on product development, and to give presentations at each other’s conferences
- Where mutually beneficial, jointly promote educational programs to members and jointly identify, create and identify new products and services
- Encourage continuing dialogue between ASHRAE and BOMA at national, regional and local levels on issues of importance to engineers and building professionals
- Encourage collaborative and cooperative activities to promote continuing professional development
- BOMA and ASHRAE commit to support each other and fully participate in standard development areas, initially centering around ASHRAE standards 62.1, 90.1, 180P and 189.1P working within the ANSI consensus standards development process.
“BOMA and ASHRAE share many of the same objectives and we are excited to strengthen our relationship” says ASHRAE president Kent Peterson, P.E., vice president and chief engineer of P2S Engineering. “We are all working toward optimal performance of both new and existing buildings and this partnership will be beneficial for both ASHRAE and BOMA members.”