American Filtration and Separations Society to hold 21st Annual Technical Conference
The American Filtration and Separations Society (AFS) will hold its 21st Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition on May 19-22, 2008 in Valley Forge, PA. The event allows attendees from diverse fields to build on common principles, and learn operations involving fluid/particle processing and separation.
The conference will include 27 sessions divided into three tracks: Emerging Technologies; Fundamentals and Applications; and Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. The society’s chairman, Dr. Norman Lifshutz, assures attendees that endusers and commercial interests will find a common ground in education and exciting technologies. The symposium offers many opportunities for one to explore melding cross-disciplinary skills, learning and networking.
The conference kicks off on Monday, May 19th with eight short courses:
- Fundamentals of Liquid Filtration
- Fundamentals of Air/Gas Filtration
- Basics & Applications of Particle Characterization
- Microfiltration Membranes
- Ultrafiltration Membranes
- Gas Solid Separation with Fabric Filters
- Gas Solid Separation with Cyclones
- Wastewater Treatment/Sludge Dewatering
For information on the conference go to: