AHR Expo Innovation Awards Presented
The awards for product excellence are jointly sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI), and International Exposition Company (IEC), producers and organizers of the Expo.
The 2003 winners, selected from products submitted by exhibitors in seven categories, are:
- Heating: York International UPG — Stealth Hot Heat Pump
- Cooling: Baltimore Aircoil Company — HXV-Hybrid FXV
- Refrigeration: Copeland Corporation — Digital Scroll
- Ventilation: Control Resources, Inc. — SmartFan Nimbus AC Fan Speed Control
- IAQ: PureChoice, Inc. — PureTrac Air Monitoring System
- Energy: Turbocor Inc. — TT 300 Centrifugal Refrigerant Compressor
- Instruments, Tools, and Software: Honeywell Intl., Burner & Boiler Controls — HVAC Service Assistant
The presentation also included the award of an AHR Expo Innovation Award Scholarship to John A. Logan College of Carterville, IL. The college is the first in Illinois to be accredited under the PAHRA program, a result of the partnership between the industry and HVACR educators. The scholarship is intended for an HVACR student or students who might not otherwise be able to attend the college.