AHR Expo to Visit Chicago Every Three Years
In a joint decision, International Exposition Company (IEC), the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI), announced the decision to visit Chicago on a three-year cycle starting with the 2003 show.
"We are very pleased that AHR Expo will be returning to Chicago every three years," said Clay Stevens, president of International Exposition Company. "Chicago is an important heating and cooling market, and one of the few locations in the United States which has an exhibit hall large enough to accommodate the industry, as well as an abundance of hotel rooms."
Historically, AHR Expos held in Chicago have always been among the largest shows, in terms of both attendees and exhibit space. AHR Expo 1999, the last show held in Chicago, attracted more than 58,000 hvacr professionals and encompassed more than 399,000 sq ft of exhibit space.
Also, Chicago features an international airport served by numerous airlines, great public transportation, tens of thousands of hotel rooms, and world-class entertainment. Many engineering firms have offices in Chicago, many exhibitors are headquartered or have offices in the Chicago area, and there are thousands hvacr contractors in a 200-mile radius surrounding the city.
AHR Expo provides practical solutions for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial hvacr applications and attracts attendees from all facets of the industry, including contractors, engineers, dealers, distributors, wholesalers, OEM's, architects and builders, industrial plant operators, facility managers, agents, and representatives.
With visitors from more than 100 countries regularly attending, AHR Expo draws leading hvacr professionals from every corner of the globe, and the show now draws more than 20% of its attendance from abroad.
Co-sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI), AHR Expo is held in conjunction with ASHRAE¿s Winter Meeting, which features in-depth sessions on hvacr systems and applications, deregulation of the power industry, indoor air quality, ventilation, energy efficiency of buildings, and new developments in ASHRAE standards.
In addition to co-sponsors ASHRAE and ARI, AHR Expo includes the Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Institute (HRAI) of Canada as an honorary sponsor, and is also endorsed by 15 industry associations, including:
- AABC (Associated Air Balance Council)
- ABMA (American Boiler Manufacturers Association)
- ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America)
- AMCA (Air Movement and Control Association International Inc.)
- ARWI (Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Wholesalers International)
- CTI (Cooling Technology Institute, formerly Cooling Tower Institute)
- GAMA (Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association)
- MCAA (Mechanical Contractors Association of America, Inc.)
- MSCA (Mechanical Service Contractors Association)
- NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association)
- NAFA (National Air Filtration Association)
- NHRAW (Northamerican Heating, Refrigeration & Airconditioning Wholesalers Association)
- RPA (Radiant Panel Association)
- RETA (Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association)
- RSES (Refrigeration Service Engineers Society)
Some of AHR Expo's exhibitors were excited about the prospect of the Show being held in Chicago, including Mark Handzel, national sales manager for ITT Industries. "We were pleased to hear that the show will be held in Chicago every three years," said Handzel. "Chicago is always our best show, and it is held right in our backyard."
The schedule for the next several AHR Expos is:
- 2002- Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 2003- Chicago, Illinois
- 2004- Anaheim, California
- 2005- Orlando, Florida
- 2006- Chicago, Illinois