Fellow ASHRAE is a membership grade that recognizes distinction in the arts and sciences of environmental technology. The honor is earned through achievement as a researcher, designer, educator or engineering executive.
The Society elevated 15 members to the grade of Fellow ASHRAE:
- David Arnold, Ph.D., FREng, is senior partner at Troup, Bywaters and Anders in Reading, England.
- Robert Burkhardt, P.E., is chairman of the board of directors at Robert G. Burkhardt Associates Inc. Consulting Engineers in Chicago.
- James Crawford is director of regulatory affairs at The Trane Co. in Tyler, TX.
- Donald Fiorino, P.E., is manager of boiler and steam systems, Energy Asset Management Best Practices, Enron Energy Services, in Houston.
- Reinhold Kittler, P.Eng., is chief engineer at Dectron Inc. in Montreal.
- Francois L'Anglais, P.Eng., Life Member, is retired and living in Sillery, PQ, Canada.
- Jean Lebrun, Ph.D., is a professor at the University of Liege in Liege, Belgium.
- Shuzo Murakami, Ph is a professor at the Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, in Tokyo.
- Eng Hong Ng, Ph.D., is deputy director of the Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing Department at Singapore Polytechnic in Singapore.
- Bjarne Olesen, Ph.D., is manager of research and development at Wirsbo-Velta in Nordersted, Germany.
- Samuel Sami, Ph.D., P.Eng., is a professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.
- George Sestak, P.E., is senior project engineer at AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals in Wilmington, Del.
- Clay Smith, P.E., is president of Clay D. Smith, P.E., and Associates in LaFayette, NY.
- Yuri Tabunschikov, Ph.D., is head of the Department of Engineering at the Moscow University of Architecture (State Academy) and president of the Russian Association of Engineering for Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Heat Supply, and Building Thermal Physics (ABOK) in Moscow.
- Sunny Tan is principal of Building Services Consultant in Singapore.
The ASHRAE Technology Awards recognize outstanding achievements by members who have successfully applied innovative building designs, which incorporate ASHRAE standards for effective energy management and indoor air quality.
The Technology Award first-place winners are:
- Roland Charneux for the Pavillon President-Kennedy (University Science Building), Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, PQ, Canada, in the institutional buildings, new, category. Charneux is vice president of operation and COO for Pageau Morel and Associes Inc., Montreal, PQ, Canada.
- Jeffrey Celuch for a hybrid chilled-water plant, Capital University, Columbus, OH, in the institutional buildings, existing, category. Celuch is team leader and project manager at ThermalTech Engineering, Cincinnati.
- Paul Torcellini, Ph.D., P.E., and Otto Van Geet, P.E., for the Otto Van Geet residence, Idaho Springs, CO., in the alternative and/or renewable energy use category. Torcellini is senior engineer I and Van Geet is senior project leader II at National Renewal Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO.
The second-place winners are:
- David Peters, P.E., for the J.D. Edwards buildings, Denver, in the commercial buildings, new, category. Peters is senior vice president of engineering of the Colorado Division at Southland Industries, Englewood, CO.
- Marc Rosenbaum, P.E., and Daniel Lewis, P.E., for the James L. and Evelena S. Oakes Hall, Vermont Law School, South Royalton, VT, in the institutional buildings, new, category. Rosenbaum is principal at Energysmiths, Meriden, NH. Lewis is a partner in Kohler and Lewis, Keene, NH.
- John King for the University of Western Australia, Crawley Campus Mechanical Retrofit, Perth, Western Australia, in the institutional buildings, existing category. King is senior technical officer mechanical at the University of Western Australia, Perth, West Australia.
- Scott Ward for the Schwan's Super Rink, Blaine, Minn., in the public assembly, new, category. Ward is project engineer at Bonestroo, Rosene, Anderlik and Associates Inc., St. Paul.
- Dianne Griffiths for The Carbury, Humble, Texas, in the residential, new, category. Griffiths is senior engineer at Steve Winter Associates Inc., Norwalk, CT.
The ASHRAE Student Design Project Competition challenged teams of undergraduate students to develop architectural design, hvac system design or system selection of an educational building for a college campus in Greenville, SC
In the Architectural Design Category, the recipients are:
- First Place: Andrew Herland and Troy Jacoby, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in Milwaukee.
- Second Place: Edson Salerno Junior, Universidade Paulista, Ribeirao Preto City, Brazil.
In the Hvac System Design Category, the recipients are:
- First Place: John Damoth, Leon Greiner, Brian Holton, Sam Lampe, Martin McDonough, John Quilitzsch, Glenn Remington and Steven Turnbull, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI.
- Second Place: Zachary Russi and Zacharie Webber, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA.
In the Hvac System Selection Category, the recipients are:
- First Place: Leye Adegbite, Jason Cooper, Kevin Dettling, Ken Frieling, Bill Hoch, Troy Milan, Jeff Oosting, Adrian Subryan, Jeremy Tell, Chris Weaver and Adam Wilson, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI.
- Second Place: Michael Eskra, Doug Stingelin and Scott Walthour, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
The E.K. Campbell Award honors outstanding achievements by engineering educators. The recipient is David Tree, Ph.D., a professor and director of industrial contracts at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN.
Report Abusive Comment