Green Building Organization Launched
According to the GBI, it is a not-for-profit organization supported by a cross section of groups and individuals interested in promoting energy efficient and environmentally sustainable practices in residential and commercial construction. Working closely with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and local home builder associations, the GBI provides:
- Information on green building approaches that are said to be practical and affordable.
- Web-based support such as model guidelines, case studies, and online technical assistance.
- Promotional and marketing support for local green building programs.
- Educational seminars for builders and other stakeholders in the building industry.
- Market research regarding evolving consumer trends and attitudes.
For more information, visit www.thegbi.org.