Green Mechanical Council announces new director
WASHINGTON DC - November 7, 2008 - The Green Mechanical Council announced today the appointment of Ronald Rice, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), to the Green Mechanical Council Board of Directors.
Ronald started off as an apprentice pipefitter over 30 years ago and is now the immediate Past President of IAPMO. Over these years, he has developed an experienced understanding of the "hands on" aspects and keen strategic eye for the plumbing and mechanical industries.
IAPMO (www.iapmo.org) has been protecting the public's health and safety for more than eighty years by working in concert with government and industry to implement comprehensive plumbing and mechanical systems around the world.
As a membership-based association, IAPMO is proud to utilize an open consensus process in the development of its flagship Uniform Plumbing Code and Uniform Mechanical Code. These codes are established through scientific research, debate, and analysis, strengthening its position at the forefront of the plumbing and mechanical industries.
The IAPMO Group is a complete service organization, providing code development assistance, industry-leading education, and a manufacturer-preferred quality assurance program. Each component of the IAPMO Group works toward its ultimate goal of protecting the health of people everywhere.
IAPMO's strategic partnership with GreenMech is instrumental to the success of both organizations.
The mission of the Green Mechanical Council (www.greenmech.org) is to educate contractors, field technicians, and industry leaders about creating and maintaining environmentally sound residential and commercial mechanical system.
Green Mechanical Council welcomes PM,
Washington DC - BNP Media - the publisher of Green Intelligent Buildings, Engineered Systems, Plumbing & Mechanical, PM Engineer
and magazines - has joined the Green Mechanical Council as a Media member.
PM is the best-read and largest-circulated magazine serving plumbing, piping, hydronic heating, fire protection and solar thermal contractors. PM Engineer reaches more specifiers/designers of plumbing, piping, hydronic heating, fire protection and solar thermal products than any magazine. Supply House Times is the official magazine of the American Supply Association as well as the oldest and best-read publication for plumbing, piping and hydronics/HVAC distributors.
The three magazines reach a combined circulation of 106,560 contractors, engineers, wholesalers and manufacturers reps. Supplements to these publications include Solar Heating Report, Radiant Heating Report, Radiant Flooring Guide and Bath & Kitchen Pro. Online properties include Radiant & Hydronic eNews, www.radiantandhydronics.com and Bath & Kitchen eNews.
The mission of the Green Mechanical Council is to educate contractors, field technicians, and industry leaders about creating and maintaining environmentally sound residential and commercial mechanical systems.
The goals of the Green Mechanical Council are:
- Provide specialized focus in structural mechanical systems to include plumbing, HVACR, electrical and related systems;
- Provide recognition of our membership as leaders in energy efficiency materials, technology, design, installation and service;
- Provide education and training to enable members to maximize the efficiency of existing mechanical systems and specifying high performance replacements;
- Provide current information about people, products and processes to enable members to stay at the cutting edge of their trade;
- Provide members networking opportunities with other members and industry leaders;
- Provide educational outreach to the public to increase awareness of the benefits of energy efficient systems and the advantage of engaging our members' services;
- Provide input to Code authorities to help write effective and meaningful standards regarding mechanical systems;
- Provide a forum for members through Advisory Boards; and
- Provide an effective network with similar minded organizations.
The Green Mechanical Council appreciates the support of the media such as BNP Media and its other corporate partners. With their support we are able to further the goals of our organization.
For additional information about the Green Mechanical Council, visit www,greenmech.org.
For more information about PM, PM Engineer and Supply House Times, call Bob Miodonski at 630-694-4007, or visit www.pmmag.com,www.pmengineer.com, and www.supplyht.com.