- THE MAGAZINE
- EQUIPMENT & TOPICS
IAPMO, the world’s largest plumbing code writing body, joins several other organizations as a leading member of GreenMech, including Carrier, NIBCO, Ferris State University, Legend Valve, Mechanical Contractors Association of America, ABCO Refrigeration, Watts Radiant, United Association (UA), Floor Heat Company, Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation (MCERF), Legend Hydronics, Bacharach, HVAC Excellence, and Mechanical Services Contractors of America (MSCA).
The goals of the Green Mechanical Council are:
- Provide specialized focus in structural mechanical systems to include plumbing, HVACR, electrical, and related systems.
- Provide recognition of our membership as leaders in energy efficiency materials, technology, design, installation and service.
- Provide education and training to enable members to maximize the efficiency of existing mechanical systems and specifying high performance replacements.
- Provide current information about people, products and processes to enable members to stay at the cutting edge of their trade.
- Provide members networking opportunities with other members and industry leaders.
- Provide educational outreach to the public to increase awareness of the benefits of energy efficient systems and the advantage of engaging our members’ services.
- Provide input to Code authorities to help write effective and meaningful standards regarding mechanical systems.
- Provide a forum for members through Advisory Boards.
- Provide an effective network with similar minded organizations.
The IAPMO commitment to serving the plumbing and mechanical communities around the world has never been stronger. Since first developing the Uniform Plumbing Code in 1945, IAPMO has been dedicated to the orderly yet aggressive evolution of codes and product standards best able to address the needs of the public and the plumbing/mechanical communities in hundreds of jurisdictions.
For more information about IAPMO, visit them online at www.iapmo.org. For additional information about the Green Mechanical Council, visit them online at www.greenmech.org, or call them toll free at 888-299-4328.