- THE MAGAZINE
- EQUIPMENT & TOPICS
“This partnership will ensure that the voices of the building industry are being heard,” says Bill Harrison, ASHRAE president. “At a time when reducing energy consumption in buildings is paramount, the consortium gives leaders in the built environment and in those industries affecting construction a clear path to offer advice to the DOE on our goals, concerns and new technologies.”
ASHRAE initiated formation of the Partnership and will serve as the Partnership’s Secretariat. Other members of the HPCGBP’s steering committee currently includes the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), American Institute of Architects (AIA), Alliance to Save Energy (ASE), Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), International Code Council (ICC), Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA), National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO), National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
The partnership intends to be recognized as a “Partnership Consortium” by the Department of Energy as requested in response to the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 Section 421. Section 421 is part of the formation of the Net-Zero Commercial Building Initiative which is intended to develop a research, development, and deployment strategy toward achieving net zero energy commercial buildings.
Partnership participants reflect all disciplines necessary to design and build high-performance commercial buildings, including:
- Architects and engineers
- The development, construction, financial, and real estate industries
- Building owners and operators
- Academic and research organizations
- Building code agencies and organizations
- Independent high-performance green building associations or councils
- Experts in IAQ and environmental factors
- Experts in intelligent buildings and integrated building information systems;
- Utility energy efficiency programs;
- Manufacturers and providers of equipment
- Public transportation industry experts
- Nongovernmental energy efficiency organizations
For more information, please visit www.hpcgbp.org or contact Doug Read in ASHRAE’s Washington Office at email@example.com or 202-833-1830. For media inquiries, please contact Wendy Angel at firstname.lastname@example.org.