Cleveland-based Euclid Chemical has been supplying the construction industry with products to improve the strength, appearance, and usability of concrete since 1910. Now a large multi-national corporation, Euclid Chemical’s main offices are in a two-story, 15,000-sq-ft building that also contains laboratories where it develops products ranging from sealants to micro---synthetic fibers.
Until recently, the building relied upon an aging VAV system with terminal reheat to keep their offices comfortable and to maintain environmental conditions in the laboratories. Even when new, records showed the system had not performed as designed. This inadequate performance was compounded by cumulative effects of years of normal wear and tear plus questionable modifications.