- THE MAGAZINE
- EQUIPMENT & TOPICS
The KMC CTE-5202 Analog Electronic Thermostat replaces many other models.
The new CTE-5202 thermostat from KMC Controls is a dual-setpoint, analog electronic room controller with a digital LCD display for use in many new and retrofit electronic room temperature control applications. The CTE-5202 functionally replaces most Barber Colman TP-81xx, older KMC CTE series, and numerous other competitor and OEM room thermostats with a more contemporary version that has advanced features.
The CTE-5202 provides two independent control loops, with heating and cooling setpoints, that drive two (adjustable) 0–12 VDC analog outputs for control of external devices. The easy to understand LCD display and pushbuttons enable simple device configuration, changing of setpoints, and viewing of current temperature.
The thermostat is designed for use with KMC CEP/CSP-4000 and CSP-5000 series of electronic pressure-independent VAV controllers, MEP-4002 proportional electronic actuators in pressure-dependent VAV applications, and VEB-43/46 series proportional control valves in baseboard and other heating/cooling applications. Application sequences may be selected for the following types of room and terminal unit control:
- Single-duct pressure-dependent VAV terminals with or without reheat
- Single-duct pressure-independent VAV terminals, with or without reheat and auxiliary minimum airflow
- Single-duct fan-powered VAV terminals with or without reheat using REE-5xxx staging modules
- Dual-duct VAV applications with independent control of heating and cooling outputs
- Proportional heating and cooling applications, such as baseboard heating and chilled beams
Other features include:
- Common applications for morning warm-up, changeover, and unoccupied/night setback are enabled via an external temperature sensor and/or contact closure provided by a remote building automation system
- LCD can be blanked if desired
- Display room temperature in either degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Adjustable min./max./aux. limits (span), deadband, proportional band, integral, temperature offset, setback offset, and changeover
- External input for changeover sensor and setback contact
- Available in white or light almond
To enable a smooth transition from older thermostats as well as success in new applications, the downloadable CTE-5202 Applications Guide has many examples of new and retrofit installations. Adobe Acrobat PDFs of the thermostat’s support documents can be downloaded from www.kmccontrols.com.