- THE MAGAZINE
- EQUIPMENT & TOPICS
The company has released a suite of geothermal system design calculators.
This new free of charge suite of calculators provides comprehensive design tools, concentrating on the ground loop and pump selection portions of the system.
From pressure drop calculation to pump sizing to flushing requirements, the design suite is just the starting point for new services in 2013.
Calculators currently available on the website are as follows:
- Pressure drop calculator: residential single unit, outside header
- Pump sizing calculator
- Flush cart calculator
- Cv calculator
- Flow rate calculator (calculates flow rate based upon heat exchanger pressure drop – service tool) mobile device friendly.
- HE-HR calculator (calculates heat of extraction or heat of rejection – service tool) – mobile device friendly.
New calculators coming online shortly include the following:
- Pressure drop calculator: residential single unit, inside header
- Pressure drop calculator: residential, up to three units, central pumping
- Pressure drop calculator: residential, up to three units, distributed pumping
- Pressure drop calculator: residential, more than three units
- Pressure drop calculator: commercial, one pipe system
- Pressure Drop calculator: commercial, two-pipe system, central pumping
- Pressure drop calculator: commercial, primary- secondary pumping