- THE MAGAZINE
- EQUIPMENT & TOPICS
The company’s VRF zoning outdoor units feature updates including improved heating startup.
Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating (Mitsubishi Electric) has announced significant improvements to its Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) zoning R2-Series and Y-Series cooling and heating systems. Industry-leading efficiencies, a smaller footprint and improved heating startup make these outdoor units ideal for a variety of commercial applications.
“The latest Mitsubishi Electric VRF zoning units feature benefits customers expect from Mitsubishi Electric — complete zone control, flexibility and ease of installation — while also offering a smaller footprint and improved efficiencies,” says Marc Zipfel, director of product marketing, Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating.
Both the R2-Series (PURY) and Y-Series (PUHY) units take advantage of Mitsubishi Electric’s INVERTER-driven compressor technology and use intelligent controls for superior operation.
The R2-Series units (pictured above) are the only two-pipe systems to offer simultaneous cooling and heating. Features of the enhanced model include:
- Simultaneous cooling and heating to 14°F ambient conditions
- Quiet operation: 58 to 64 dB(A)
- Support of an extended set point range
Features of the upgraded Y-Series units include:
- Cooling or heating up to 50 zones through one outdoor unit
- Quiet operation: 58-65 dB(A)
- Cooling to minus 10 degrees Fahrenheit with optional low ambient kit
- Extended pipe length up to 98 feet vertical height between indoor units
The Y-Series and the R2-Series can be connected using the G-50A/GB50A controllers and monitored through the CITY MULTI Controls Network.