- THE MAGAZINE
- EQUIPMENT & TOPICS
The company’s Tubular Rack UV System (TRS) is designed to for IAQ in hospitals, schools, and other commercial/industrial buildings.
Fresh-Aire UV® has released the Tubular Rack UV System (TRS), which is designed for effective microbial disinfection in new construction and retrofit IAQ industrial and commercial applications, such as hospitals, schools, office buildings and other facilities.
Designed for onsite configuration with all major brands and sizes of HVAC equipment, the TRS disinfects interior wall surfaces, coils and the supply airstream of air handlers. The kit consists of the HVAC industry's only lifetime-warranty multi-voltage power supply, Fresh-Aire UV's renowned UV lamps and all the necessary installation bracketing, mounting hardware and marine-grade, waterproof electrical cables and connections. The TRS is designed to use common 1/2-in.galvanized electrical conduit, which is not included in the kit, as support framework.
The kit is available in 22 lamp variations ranging from one to four lamps with one-year lifecycles; one to four lamps with two-year lifecycles; or one to two high output lamps with one-year lifecycles. Lamps are available in 32 or 60-in. lengths. Also available is a Teflon®-coated lamp for high-vibration or sensitive applications that encapsulates the glass if broken.
Kit selection, lamp placement and installation help is available through a network of trained manufacturer's representatives or Fresh-Aire UV's customer service department.
Once the special mounting brackets for the tubular framework have been installed on an air handler's interior walls or coil infrastructures, the installer has complete flexibility to position the UV lamps for comprehensive disinfection coverage. Estimated installation time averages less than three hours if electrical power is already available.
Unlike other UV systems that use reflectors and block half of the irradiation, the TRS emits a 360-degree light field that creates a longer irradiation dwell period as airborne microbes approach and pass by the UV lamps.
Installer and operator safety measures come standard in every kit with warning stickers and standard 1-in.-diameter UV-filtering acrylic sight glass. Optional large view ports and door interlock safety switch shut-offs are also available.
The TRS's other features include:
- Lamp electrical connections are all pre-wired with quick-connect plugs
- Water-resistant multi-voltage (110-V to 277-V) power supplies can withstand condensation inside air handlers and all weather conditions when mounted externally on outdoor equipment
- Special coil-mounted stand-off brackets available that don't pierce the wall of single-wall air handlers
- Field-tested as 98% effective in reducing microbial growth
- Periodical lamp replacements can be installed within minutes
- The quick installing design makes the TRS one of the lowest cost commercial UV kits
- Full benefits of UV irradiation: kills mold, bacteria and viruses in the HVAC system, saves energy and lowers maintenance costs by keeping components cleaner, extends equipment life and reduces worker exposure to chemical cleaners.