- THE MAGAZINE
- EQUIPMENT & TOPICS
Xylem’s Bell & Gossett ESP-System Syzer® now available as a mobile app for iPad® and iPhone®.
Xylem Inc. has released its popular Bell & Gossett ESP System Syzer® for mobile handheld devices. The ESP-System Syzer is extremely accurate at calculating flow rates and pressure drops in piping systems.
The new mobile app version of this industry-standard tool now allows HVAC professionals to easily download it on an iPhone® or iPad® and enjoy the same functionality while working in the field.
The ESP-System Syzer performs several critical calculations and offers a variety of unique features, including:
- Calculating the friction loss and velocity through various pipe types and sizes based on existing fluid conditions.
- Calculating the relationship between fluid temperatures, system flow and heating/cooling load.
- A unique Cv tool that shows the relationship between Cv, flow and head and accounts for fluid properties.
- A Pipe length/pressure drop tool that interfaces with the other calculators to view the relationship between pipe length, friction loss and total head loss.
- A bundled Circuit Setter®/Triple Duty Valve calculator that is very useful during the design phase to help predetermine valve settings and out in the field to determine flow through the valves based on pressure drop readings.
The System Syzer application is based on the novel plastic wheel calculator designed by Bell & Gossett’s Gil Carlson. Widely recognized as the ‘Father of Modern Hydronics,” Carlson first introduced the System Syzer in 1963; it has since been distributed to well over 100,000 engineers and tradesmen.