National Institute of Building Sciences becomes a USGBC provider
Each of the applicable WBDG courses went through a rigorous review process in which a team of third-party subject matter experts evaluated it based on its content and instructional design quality. The courses include:
- WBDG05 Daylighting Principles and Strategies for Sustainable Design
- WBDG06 Sustainable Roofing Design Considerations and Applications
- WBDG07 Defining, Evaluating and Selecting Green Products
- WBDG09 High-Performance EIFS for Sustainable Construction
- WBDG12 Window and Glazing Design Strategies for Sustainable Design
- WBDG13 Strategies for Sustainable Historic Preservation
USGBC approved all six courses as high-quality green building education, the first WBDG courses to gain such acceptance. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) professionals seeking to satisfy their Credentialing Maintenance Program requirements from the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) can earn 1 to 1.5 GBCI continuing education (CE) hours from USGBC for successfully completing each course.
All WBDG courses (currently a total of 13 selections) are free, available online and approved by the American Institute of Architects for CE learning units (LUs).
For more information about WBDG Continuing Education, including a complete list of WBDG course offerings, visit http://www.wbdg.org/education/cont_education.php.